The 45th running of the Elk River Valley was a success. Everyone enjoyed the routes (12, 52 and 75 miles) and this year’s introduction of a food truck was hugely popular.
There were around 60 riders for the September 8th ride. In addition to HRBike members, we hosted riders from Murfreesboro, Veloteers, Columbia and other bike clubs. There were several tandems and a few recumbent riders.
A number of riders returned telling us how much they loved the route and appreciated the road markings. Several told us they stopped mid-route to take photos. Also, many of the cyclists had lunch together at West Middle after the ride compliments of the CW Concessions food truck.
Special thanks to the following:
- West Middle School and Principal Cindy Herrera for the use of West Middle
- Hunter Norris for handling arrangements with CW Concessions food truck
- Tim Harrison for the ERV website, printed forms and overall coordination
- Denny & Joann Elston, Tim & Julia Harrison for road markings
- Dave Bond for helping with registration
Thanks to all who came out to enjoy the 2018 ERV. The day was beautiful, the routes were great, the cyclists had fun and the food truck selections were yummy all of which led us to a successful 2018 ERV.