Bike Month has been filled with discoveries for me. So, what did you discover? Did you learn that you could actually ride up that mountain not just once but twice! Did you
achieve your mileage goal for the month? Did you discover new products that are awesome? Here is a list a few things I learned this month.
- Riding rather than driving to run errands is a really great way to do some interval work. One day we logged over 30 miles running errands; I was a hungry girl that night.
- Averaging 100 miles each week is possible. Even with the fluctuations in weather this May. I did have to use the indoor trainer a few times to insure my goal.
- A great way to give a gift of really anything is Gift Rocket. https://www.giftrocket.com/ This really cool discovery came to me on Mother’s Day. (Thanks, Josh) Gift Rocket is a great way to buy gifts online. There are zillions of things you can purchase with the card. I highly recommend purchasing this type of online gift-card. I sure had fun using mine a few times for a burgers from London’s.
- Using a red taillight is a great safety feature. You can see these little beacons for miles. Seriously! Affordable…Lifesaving…Bright… Here are some reviews for you to choose the one that is best for you. http://thesweethome.com/reviews/best-commuter-bike-lights/ and http://www.bikelightdatabase.com/reviews/
- Wearing a Road ID may be your most important item of clothing while cycling. After an incident with a dog, the police asked for Tim’s ID. No license, but he did have his Road ID. It was all they needed. Stop reading now and go order you one or two, use this link: http://RoadID.com/invite/48VSK-TAF3FQMSRBQ Also, Road ID has great cycling tips: http://www.roadid.com/RoadRules/Cycling/Default.aspx
I hope 2015 Bike Month as whetted your appetite to make more cycling goals for yourself and your family. Perhaps you have already set goals for the rest of the summer. If not here is a challenge for you – keep riding and getting stronger and join us for the ERV100 on September 12. This year’s event is shaping up to be the best ever…you will want to get in on the fun. Registration is open at www.erv100.org Oh, and get your friends to sign up for the erv100 too. The more the merrier!
Speaking of friends, most of my discoveries happened due to riding with members of the Highland Rim Bicycle Club. If you are not riding with us yet, please come on out and ride with us soon.
Congratulations on your discoveries during 2015 Bike Month. There will be no stopping you now!